YouTube is the world's most popular video-sharing website. Over 800 million unique users visit the site each month, with over 72 hours of video watched every minute*.
Whether you've just started using YouTube or have a well-maintained YouTube channel with loads of videos, it's a good chance you want to get as many visitors as possible.
So how do you get more people to view your videos? Well, we've done a bit of research and discovered 15 things you should be doing...
1. Optimise the title - make sure it contains all the relevant keywords people use when searching.
2. Optimise the description - put the website address [http] on the first line. Write the description like a Blog. Use as many keywords as possible - don't be afraid to add a load of content.
3. Optimise your tags on each video - try out the YouTube search bar to find out what keywords people use when searching for videos.
4. Run regular competitions to get people coming back to your channel - see what 'mismag822' does (http://www.youtube.com/user/mismag822
5. Do joint ventures. Collaborate with other people in your niche who have big subscription lists. Ask for an interview - go in to see what you can offer rather than what you can get.
6. Try posting tutorial videos - it's info that people want and will look for.
7. Don't discriminate against people. You're an entertainer so entertain everyone.
8. Subscribe to as many channels as possible.
9. Make friends - post comments about videos and get to know people (just like you would with Facebook). Have conversations and build up a rapport.
10. Create discussions - a positive discussion is good and gets you on the most discussed list.
11. Don't be afraid of negative comments. It shows people are watching your videos. However, avoid getting into a hate discussion. Be respectful but don't waste your time with trolls.
12. Be consistent. Post a video once a week for example. Don't be overly keen though - posting two videos an hour could become annoying.
13. Be addictive. You want people coming back again and again. For example, make the video in several parts to maintain interest.
14. Know your audience. When your videos go up, it will only be at the top of the list for a short time (48 hours). Work out the optimum time to post your videos (e.g. 8pm in the evening)
We hope that this helps with your future YouTubing. If we've missed anything or you have any questions, leave us a comment and we'll get back to you.
Candy Jar is a video production company in Cardiff. For more information please visit www.candyjarfilms.co.uk